Curved Stairlift Installation
As you age, you may have difficulty moving about safely in your home. This may be especially true if you develop a medical condition that limits your mobility. According to a United States Census Bureau report covering data from 2008 to 2012, nearly 40% of individuals age 65 and over suffered from a disability, and roughly two-thirds of those individuals experience difficulty climbing or walking. Therefore, for a person with limited mobility who is struggling with the stairs in their home, a straight or curved stairlift installation can make a huge difference to their life.
If you’re struggling to navigate your stairs, a stairlift can help you remain living independently in your own home, without being limited to just one floor. Having a stairlift can take away the worry of using the stairs and give you the freedom to go safely up and down the stairs without the danger of falling.
Stairlifts come in a variety of designs to meet the requirements of the user and to cater for the structural features of the property. A simple stairlift designed for a straight staircase will not always be appropriate.
In the case where a staircase has turns or curves in it, then it will require the installation of a curved stairlift. If going up and down the stairs in your home is becoming increasingly difficult, which is the case for most senior people and people with limited mobility, perhaps you should consider installing a stairlift.
Stairlifts allow users to move around the house while maintaining their freedom and independence. This makes life much easier for seniors and anyone in need of mobility equipment due to a disability or medical condition.
When it comes to buying stairlifts, you can either buy a brand-new model or reconditioned stairlifts.
If you or your loved ones have mobility issues, then it is time to think seriously about installing a stairlift. Stairs are a major concern in residential as well as commercial buildings.
Wheelchair users, the elderly, and those with various health conditions such as arthritis find it a huge challenge to get up and downstairs. Stairlifts can be installed on both straight and curved stairs.
Curved Stair Lifts
These stairlifts are designed for curved stairway constructions such as spherical stairs, or switchback stairs. It needs a longer time to install and their price is relatively high compared to straight stairlifts.
The stairlift features can be custom-built. When you want to purchase a curved stairlift, ensure that it has all standard safety features as well as features that provide comfort, convenience, and ease of use.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing and Installing
Keep in mind your requirements, budget, and the following basic factors:
- Ensure that your staircase can accommodate the stairlift before you purchase. Your dealer can help you with this by sending a technician to your home to do an on-site evaluation before your curved stairlift installation.
- Choose only a professional licensed dealer for purchasing and installing your stairlifts. This is important because it is all about reliability and safety.
- Go for a dealer that could provide you with a free accessibility survey, in-house installers, and 24/7 technical assistance.
- A good dealer will have a number of different models from the manufacturer. They will help you choose the right one for your needs and budget.
- Consider the length of your staircase, landings (top and bottom), and the type of staircase. Exact measurements must be taken.
- The location of your staircase would determine whether you require a weatherproof stairlift or not.
- Choose a stairlift that can maximize the space between the stairs and lift so that others can use the stairs at the same time.
- Cost is an important factor. Consider whether the cost of the stairlift is within your budget.
- Ensure that the technicians have done a final safety check before they hand over the stairlift to you after the installation.
The Stairlift Installation Process
The installation process starts with mounting the leg bases that will keep the rails in place and your stairlift safely secured. The next step is to join the pieces of railing with curved pins. This process builds the shape of your lift.
After the railings are strongly fit together, the carriage is fitted onto the rails through skate rollers. The battery is connected and the chargers are installed at the top and bottom of the stairlift. After this step, the remote controls and seat are installed, and your stairlift is ready for use after programming and testing.
The best way to ensure safe installation is to have your dealer install the stairlift for you professionally.
Three Steps to A Stairlift Installation
It is not just what we sell that we take great care over, how we sell, deliver and service is just as important to us – and you. From the moment you contact us, we will do everything we can to make sure your experience at every step of your purchase lives up to the Stannah name.
On your first call with us, we will ask you a few questions about your staircase and yourself to help us understand what your needs are and how we can help you. If you need more information or would like a quote, we will arrange for one of our sales consultants to come and visit you in your home so they can give you advice specific to you and your home.
Typically, we can have an assessor out to you in 1 to 2 days.
- Firstly, our consultants will talk to you, to understand your needs and wants. Everyone’s stairs are a little different but don’t worry, our stairlifts fit most staircases.
- Next, they will measure your staircase, assessing what type of rail it will require and if any preparatory work (such as installing an extra power point or removing furniture/radiators) is required. We will ensure that any changes required are included within your quotation which will help you plan the whole process end to end.
- Then our consultant will have all the information they need to give you some considered options and you can choose your stairlift, which includes a range of unique designer fabrics as well as three different trim options and an ergonomically shaped seat with powered easy-turn included.
- Only after precisely measuring your staircase and meeting you to find the best solution that fits the situation, are our consultants able to provide an accurate no-obligation quotation. You can then decide – in your own time – whether you would like to go ahead and order and remember, the price we quote will be the price you pay, no hidden extras.
Once you decide to order a stairlift with us, we will start designing it, while liaising with you to find a suitable date to install it.
Our stairlifts and rails are customized to order and made to the highest quality standards, which means it takes approximately two to three hours for a straight stairlift to be installed and about three to five hours for a curved rail.
Throughout our curved stairlift installation process, we have a range of checks and balances, and finally, we test every stairlift carriage before it leaves our workshop to ensure our stairlifts meet our stringent quality criteria.
Included in your quote:
- Unrivaled customer satisfaction – 98% of our customers think we offer excellent services
- Safety, quality, and reliability you can trust – Our stairlifts are made and tested to industry-leading standards
- Custom-fit for your home – A stairlift rail designed and made to fit your staircase perfectly
- 24/7 care and support – Our 2-year Stannah warranty (maintenance and repair package) includes free parts, labor, and servicing
- Your choice of chair color – Our extensive range of fabrics and finishes just can’t be beaten
Stairlift installations will normally take a couple of hours and because stairlifts fix to the steps and not the wall, there is very little mess or disruption to your home. Even so, our expert installation teams carry a vacuum with them, so they can clean up after themselves and leave your home as tidy as they found it.
As part of your curved stairlift installation, you will be shown how to use all of the features of your stairlift. Most importantly, we will stay until you are 100% confident in safely using your stairlift.
With your stairlift installed you will soon discover:
- The freedom of being able to use your entire home again.
- Popping upstairs to pick items up will no longer be an issue.
- That you have more energy for the better things in life.
All our new stairlifts and compact homelifts come with two years warranty including two free service visits (one per year) and if you ever want to speak to us, we have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week customer care team to answer your questions.
All it takes to get started is to contact our team of sales consultants either over the phone or online and within minutes we can schedule an assessment for you.
Curved Stairlift Installation
Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts is a trusted, reputable, experienced, and professional Stannah stairlifts dealer in Mountain West. If you need a curved stairlift installation service or any other stairlift installation, contact us now to book your home assessment, and get one step closer to feeling the freedom a stairlift can bring.
You can call us at (888) 542-3834 or contact us here to schedule your FREE, no-obligation assessment so that we can provide you with a free, accurate quote.