Stair Lifts For Seniors
Stair Lifts For Seniors: How to Buy a Stairlift
For seniors who want to age in place, one of the most crucial things they worry about is how they will navigate the stairs in their homes safely. The staircase poses a significant safety risk to the elderly with mobility issues. Thankfully, stair lifts for seniors Utah offer a great solution to mobility issues that the elderly face, especially when using the stairs.
Stairlifts are quite beneficial to seniors who wish to remain in multi-story homes since they will regain the freedom and independence to move around safely, and the enjoyment of life in their homes that they had lost.
Once you have decided that a stairlift is a right option for you, then you need to start shopping for one that suits your needs and budget.
6 Simple Steps To Follow When Buying A Stairlift
- Ensure there is suitable space for your stairlift.
- Find a reputable stairlift dealerand schedule a consultation/home assessment, and ask for a quote.
- Figure out the right type of stairlift for you.
- Decide on the features you want.
- Choose a stairlift that’ll fit.
- Double-check the warranty and service policy before finalizing your purchase.
What Is Involved In Purchasing A Stairlift?
A stairlift isn’t an average everyday purchase and it’s something you are likely to buy only once. As such, you may not be familiar with the process unless you know someone who recently purchased and installed a stairlift. So, how does it all happen and where do you get started?
First, let us start with the main steps involved in the stairlift purchasing process:
- Assessment – You can call us to set up a free in-home assessment, or fill out our online contact form to request a free quote. Our team will help you make an informed decision to choose the right stairlift that suits your needs and budget.
- Design – An interesting part of the process is the design component. We will be able to show you how your stairlift will look after the installation using an advanced augmented reality app.
- Installation – Once we have identified the right design for your home, we will work together with you to find a convenient time for your installation. Our technicians will install the stairlift efficiently and soon you will lead a more independent lifestyle.
What Features Do You Want?
You can purchase stair lifts for seniors Utah that come with certain ergonomic features, functionalities, and optional add-ons that standard stairlifts don’t.
Let’s now look at some of the features you might consider:
- Multiple charging points – Charging points are usually at the top and bottom of the stairs, where the stairlift battery is charged. Therefore, the battery will charge while the lift is parked.
- Continuous charging function – A continuous charging system can be fitted on some rails so that the stairlift can charge at any point along the rail.
- Fold-up seats, footrests, and armrests – These ensure that the stairlift can be parked stairlift safely and conveniently without causing any obstacle or hazard.
- Safety sensors – Sensors help to stop the stairlift when they detect obstacles in the stairlift’s path.
- Retractable seat belt – A seat belt is a standard feature that all stairlifts come with. Some lifts come with a retractable seat belt that is easy to use and more aesthetically pleasing than a standard one.
- Harness – A hardness provides additional support in case a seat belt does not offer enough.
- Flip-up rail – The extension of stairlift rails beyond the last step of the staircase helps to ensure that a user is transported safely to the top or bottom of the stairs. Fitting a folding rail on the last section of the rail will ensure it doesn’t stow out of the way and end up becoming a safety hazard.
- Remote controls – Useful for “calling” and “sending” your stairlift where you want.
- Key switch – Helps to prevent unauthorized use of a stairlift (for instance, by young kids).
- Manual emergency stop – You can push this button whenever you want to stop your stairlift for some reason.
- Battery backup – It ensures that a power outage doesn’t affect the operation of your stairlift.
- Swivel seat – For easier and safer transfer onto and off the stairlift.
- Adjustable seat height – It is designed to ensure that a stairlift can accommodate multiple users.
You will realize that most of the features above are meant to make a stairlift more practical and safer for users and other staircase users as well. You can also go for aesthetic options, such as different types of upholstery to match your taste and the style of your home.
Double Check The Service Policy And Warranty
Be careful not to let the excitement of installing your stairlift and choosing additional features make you lose sight of what really matters when purchasing a new device. Purchasing a stairlift is meant to be a one-time deal, and therefore, you should take time to go through and understand its warranty and service policies.
Before you commit to purchase the stairlift, you should double-check to confirm that nothing has changed from what they provided during your initial consultation. Keep in mind that some stairlifts dealers have different warranty policies for different types of stairlifts.
For example, a dealer could offer you a short warranty period if you change your mind and choose a curved stairlift instead of a straight one.
Stair Lifts For Seniors
Most stairlifts come with a warranty of one year or two years, which may include annual maintenance services as well as cover the costs of any repairs needed during that period. Once the warranty period ends, you will now have to pay for repairs, service, or replacements. Some dealers provide an extended warranty at an additional fee.
Are you looking for stair lifts for seniors Utah? Contact Stannah Mountain West Stairlifts today to request a free quote or home assessment. Feel free to call us at (888) 542-3834 or fill out our contact form online.
Stair Lifts For Seniors